Housing Partnership/Homebuyer Assistance
ARE YOU LOOKING TO PURCHASE A HOME?
The City of Waterloo Community Development has designed the Homebuyer Assistance Program to help low to moderate-income eligible households with homebuyer and closing cost assistance to purchase their first home.
- Waterloo Community Development will provide up to a maximum of $25,000 in Homebuyer Assistance after seller concessions and lender credits.
- Funds are available on a first come, first served basis. The assistance is in the form of a 0% interest deferred forgivable loan.
- To participate , the borrower is required to provide a minimum contribution of $1,000 towards the purchase price of the home.
- Escrow funds, professional inspections, and other items paid outside of closing by borrower may count towards the borrowers minimum contribution.
- To learn more, print an application here.
View the income guidelines below:
What are the Home Buyer Education Classes?
Home Buyer Education classes can be completed at https://family-finance.org/ at your own pace for a fee of $100. Participants will then need to contact Family Management to complete a one on one counseling session. Certificate of completion of these classes is required in order to receive down payment assistance.
620 Mulberry Street
Waterloo, IA 50703
Phone: (319) 291-4429
Fax: (319) 291-4431
Office Hours: Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm