Road Construction Press Release 12-02-2022
Interactive Road Construction Map
Waterloo Bridge Replacement Project
PARK AVENUE BRIDGE CLOSURE
Effective immediately (2-28-22), the Park Avenue Bridge will be closed to allow for utility work related to the bridge replacement project. The bridge will remain closed until the work is completed. Motorists and pedestrians are not to move the barricades and access the closed area.
Effective on 4/11/2022 until fall of 2023, there will be posted detour routes for trail, sidewalk, water trail, and vehicles for the Park Avenue bridge replacement project. Click here to view in more detail.
11th STREET BRIDGE
- Closure of the 11th Street Bridge is closed and is expected to reopen late fall of 2023.
Other areas in the city
- E. Shaulis Road is closed from the Lost Island Themepark entrance to the Isle Casino entrance. This closure will be in place until Spring 2023.
- The 4th Street Bridge there will have intermittent closures starting on Monday, 10/24/2022 over the next four weeks to allow contractors to perform work related to the4th street bridge and dam lighting project. The bridge will be open to traffic when contractors are not working.
- W. RIDGEWAY AVENUE-PROSPECT BLVD. THRU HILLCREST ROAD INTERSECTION Beginning Monday, August 29, W. Ridgeway Avenue from Prospect Blvd. thru the Hillcrest Road intersection will be closed. A signed detour will be in place.
- University Avenue Reconstruction Project
- LaPorte / Hess Road Reconstruction Project
- Click here for a link to the City of Cedar Falls Construction updates
Waterloo Street Index
Jamie Knutson, P.E., City Engineer
715 Mulberry St.
Waterloo, Iowa 50703
Phone: (319) 291-4312
Fax: (319) 291-4262
Office Hours: Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm