Road Construction Press Release 08-12-2022
Interactive Road Construction Map
Waterloo Bridge Replacement Project
PARK AVENUE BRIDGE CLOSURE
Effective immediately (2-28-22), the Park Avenue Bridge will be closed to allow for utility work related to the bridge replacement project. The bridge will remain closed until the work is completed. Motorists and pedestrians are not to move the barricades and access the closed area.
Effective on 4/11/2022 until fall of 2023, there will be posted detour routes for trail, sidewalk, water trail, and vehicles for the Park Avenue bridge replacement project. Click here to view in more detail.
11th STREET BRIDGE
- Beginning Monday, May 9th, E 10th Street from Sycamore Street to Franklin street will be closed.
- W 10th Street from Cedar River to Commercial Street is also closed.
- On Monday, August 15, the Winter Ridge/Four Seasons Drive intersection will be closed until Wednesday morning.
- On Tuesday, July 19, street improvements are expected to begin on W. Ridgeway Avenue from Ansborough Avenue to Kimball Avenue. This work will be divided into two stages. In Phase 1, W. Ridgeway Avenue, from Ansborough Avenue to Prospect Blvd., will be closed to through traffic for three to four weeks. In Phase 2, the contractor plans to have one lane of W. Ridgeway Avenue open in each direction from Hillcrest Road to Kimball Avenue. Access to local businesses and residences will be from side streets. A signed detour will be in place. The goal is to have W. Ridgeway Avenue fully open before school resumes in August. Please proceed with caution and if possible, choose an alternate route.
- Beginning Monday, June 13th, the 4th street pedestrian bridge will be closed for pedestrian access for approximately 6 weeks. Vehicular traffic will NOT be affected during this work which consists of painting the interior of the canopy in preparation of the new lighting to be installed later this fall
- Effective 3/9/2022 the northbound right lane of US-63, from Martin Road to W. 3rd Street, is closed to allow the contractor to install sanitary sewer in the ditch. Lane closure will be in place until October 1.
- University Avenue Reconstruction Project
- LaPorte / Hess Road Reconstruction Project
- Click here for a link to the City of Cedar Falls Construction updates
Waterloo Street Index
Jamie Knutson, P.E., City Engineer
715 Mulberry St.
Waterloo, Iowa 50703
Phone: (319) 291-4312
Fax: (319) 291-4262
Office Hours: Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm