When the city of Waterloo is presented with new projects, CSAC helps to review the project to help recommend enhancements that accommodate and encourage travel by by use of bike, public transit and walking.
Here are some of the projects the committee has and/or is couniting to work on.
- The Downtown Waterloo Parking Study
- The City of Waterloo, in coordination with the Iowa Initiative for Sustainable Communities (IISC), requested that a group from the University of Iowa look into the functionality of downtown Waterloo parking. Read more about their findings here.
- The Complete Streets presented to the City Council on 12/05/2022 about the idea of Downtown Waterloo Parklet Program Proposal. View the slides (pdf) here.
- MET Routes
- Provided input and discussion on current and future bus stop accommodations for riders.
- Provide input and discussion on the restructure and expansion of MET Transit Service to reduce travel times and make the navigation of usage easier.