To report an illicit discharge into the community waters or storm sewers click here or contact:
8:00 am --5:00pm
715 Mulberry St.
Waterloo, Iowa 50703
Phone: (319) 291-4312
Fax: (319) 291-4262
3505 Easton Ave.
Waterloo, IA 50702
Phone: (319) 291-4553 (Sewer & Waste Water)
- For more information about Storm Water Quality Management visit the National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) Website .
- The U.S. EPA has a National Menu of Best Management Practices for Phase II that can be found here. Additional information can also be found below under our Brochures tab. These brochures contain many fact sheets detailing how Waterloo citizens can assist the City in meeting its storm water quality goals.
- For information on the City’s erosion and sediment control requirements for construction sites, see Article B, Construction Site Erosion and Sediment Control, under Title 8 – Public Utilities, Chapter 4 - Storm Water Management Program, in the City of Waterloo Code of Ordinances.
- For information on the City’s storm water management requirements for developments, see Article C, Post-Construction Storm Water Management Program, under Title 8 – Public Utilities, Chapter 4 - Storm Water Management Program, in the City of Waterloo Code of Ordinances.
- To access the City’s Construction Site Runoff (CSR) Permit Application and Guide, visit the Applications page under the City of Waterloo’s Building Department webpage.
- The Iowa DNR requires that all contractors and installers be qualified in storm water pollution prevention when working on sites permitted under NPDES General Permit No. 2. Click here for eTraining opportunities provided through the Iowa Stormwater Education Partnership (ISWEP) to receive your certification. If you have questions regarding a different type of certification, please reach out to the Storm Water Specialist to verify if it is acceptable. Additional information regarding storm water pollution prevention can be found under the Construction Site Compliance Videos tab below.
The Document Center provides easy access to public documents. Click on one of the categories below to see related documents or use the search function.
Documents sorted by DATE in Descending Order within category
Storm Water User Fee Information5 documents
- Storm Water User Fee Fact Sheet
- Current Stormwater User Fees (Ordinance 5482) City Code website Link The fees stated will become effective with bills issued after July 1, 2019.
- Current Stormwater User Fees (Ordinance 5482) pdf The fees stated will become effective with bills issued after July 1, 2019.
- Ordinance 4980
- City Council Work Session Presentation 12-7-2009
Understanding Storm Water4 documents
Maintaining Clean Water11 documents
Managing Water Drainage around Your Property4 documents
Best Management Practices to Reduce Storm Water Runoff15 documents
- Inspection and Maintenance Guide for Stormwater BMP
- Water Quality in Our Community
- Rain Garden Design Manual
- Rain Water Harvesting
- Rainscape It
- Bioretention Cells
- Green Infrastructure
- Green Roofs
- Permeable Pavers
- Rain Gardens
- Rainscaping Urban Lanscapes
- Rainwater Harvesting- Simple Solutions
- Stormwater Wetlands
- Trees and Our Waters
Improving Soil Health5 documents
Native Plantings4 documents
Household Hazardous Waste and Chemical Management5 documents
Erosion and Sediment Control & Good Housekeeping Resources4 documents
Winter Stormwater Tips1 document
Construction Site Compliance Videos5 documents
- Introduction & Regulatory Requirements Part 1 of the Construction Site Compliance Clips
- Erosion Control Part 2 of the Construction Site Compliance Clips
- Sediment Control Part 3 of the Construction Site Compliance Clips
- Good Housekeeping Part 4 of the Construction Site Compliance Clips
- Final Vegetative Cover Part 5 of the Construction Site Compliance Clips