National Ag Day Celebrations in Waterloo
In the morning, Iowa Secretary of Agriculture Mike Naig presented the Ag Leader Award for Leadership in Community to the Iowa Food Bank Association (IFBA), headquartered in Waterloo. IFBA represents the six food banks operating across Iowa, which were integral in distributing meat donations to Iowans impacted by work reduction and job losses caused by COVID-19.
Also as part of the “Thank You” celebrations, Iowa pig farmers:
- Donated $1,000 to Northeast Iowa Food Bank, for its continued work to alleviate hunger.
- Provided pork coupons at local Fareway and Hy-Vee stores for consumers to use.
- Delivered pork thank-you baskets to local first responders.
- Waterloo Community Television
- Iowa Department of Agriculture and Land Stewardship Facebook Page
- KCRR News
- Waterloo Courier
- WHO News Radio
- DSM Register